- Completed: sight reading month! And auditions!
- In Progress: cooking, writing, drawing, swimming.
- Next Goal: March is project month, see below.
- Languages: back to reviewing Italian; I’ll also be learning some basic German.
- Piano: new pieces! cruise performance!
- Week 1—revising draft of the novella from December
- Week 2—woodworking project
- Week 3—Shakespeare adaptation
- Week 4—four course meal!
Thoughts on cleanses:
The underlying premise of a cleanse, be it a juice cleanse or reading cleanse, is to break from habit and reinvigorate or recharge yourself. That being said, I feel more exhausted than revitalized after pummeling through these novels, which, I suppose, is good. It’s made me appreciate the long weeks and months I spent with just one book at a time, when I’d have winded conversations with texts and dead poets. And it’s especially nice to grow old with something—a copy of Through the Looking-Glass sits on my shelf as a testament to that.