a portrait of the classical musician attempting to play jazz:
- this is so freaking scary
- offbeats feel weird
- where are the notes?? the instructions??
- what the hell is freedom to improvise????
- you mean there are time signatures beyond 2/4, 4/4, & 6/8??
- how to whip out chords from thin air??
- hmm dissonance is actually quite nice
- major major minor minor sevenths (read: suddenly thinking of major major major major, poor guy)
- my left hand is actually horrible at keeping rhythm
- i will fight anyone who says jazz is stupid because damn this stuff is not easy
(p.s. title pun intended)