Hours of landscapes flying past while squirming in tight quarters with a large, plush shark on your lap. A box of snacks thrown in the front seat and a blue cooler, half broken. Gas stations, bathrooms, and stretching are synonymous now. Watch the sky close its eyes.
With this much time in your hands, why not have a little fun?
- blast some heart warming, heart pumping music (subject to the scrutiny of others in the car, full satisfaction not guaranteed. when in doubt try headphones)
- brain games and riddles are excellent for those long stretches of desert roads
- read, read, read
- write, write, write
- cry over the long-lost alien desert
- cry over golden wheat fields and shadowed mountain passes
- cows and horses. yes.
- be humbled by everything you see, really